Available to all SUPC member institutions
The SUPC Library Group coffee morning was initially set to share procurement updates relating to library purchasing but since then its launch, it has evolved and become a community of practice, exploring any library-related issues that are relevant and therefore provide value to the group members.
The group is currently co-chaired by Fiona Watkins (Northampton) and David Rowe (UWE) and we will soon be casting the net for a deputy chair.
- Twice yearly formal meetings (2.5 hours) themed around current topics and with guest speakers and discussion sessions as well as framework updates
- Monthly coffee mornings – no agenda, no minutes, no recording – simply get together with peers and discuss hot topics away from the eyes of publishers or vendors. Discussion topics are anything that is of value to members and does not have to be limited to frameworks or framework suppliers. These meetings help to add national context to local member issues.
- Possibilities for professional development including becoming a Library Group Chair/Deputy and joining Tender Working Parties or Contract Management Groups
Previous agenda items and topics include:
- January 2023 meeting: Get smart! How effective working is allowing us to do more. We often hear about projects where teams become more effective and free up time for new improvements. This meeting showcased some of those new improvements. We heard from SUPC and LUPC members including University of the Arts London, Imperial College London, University of East London, Oxford Brookes University, and Royal Holloway, University of London.
- June 2022 meeting: The changing role of content librarians. This meeting looked at the evolving skill set required of librarians working in content provision.
- July 2023 meeting: The challenges and opportunities of partnerships for library resource provision (international, national, FE, NHS, etc) with guest speakers from Jisc and University of Northampton. We invited LUPC members to join us as we felt it was a particularly interesting subject.
How to join
If you would like to join this online meeting please contact Gavin Phillips (Category Manager: Academic Services) who will send you further information and joining instructions.