|3rd November 2021||Member Update|
SUPC members can now access the new HEPCW-led Apple Equipment, Accessories and Associated Services Framework Agreement ITS6004HW. The framework went live on 1st November 2021 and will run for two years plus two optional 12-month extensions to 31st October 2025.
It provides members with access to 4 suppliers who are Apple Authorised Education Specialists (AAES), all of whom are able to provide discounted pricing, specialist advice for the deployment of Apple technologies, and a range of services including, but not limited to, training and product support.
Awarded Suppliers for Apple technologies:
- The framework lots and suppliers (in ranked order) are:
- Albion Computers
- GBM Digital Technologies (trading as Sync)
HEPCW has built on the success of the previous framework over the years to keep it up to date and reflect member requirements. The following elements can be found in this iteration:
- Access to Authorised Apple Education Specialists
All of the suppliers hold the Apple Authorised Education Specialist status. This ensures they have close ties to the original equipment manufacturer and receive:
- Additional discounts for sales to education customers
- Assistance in promotion and marketing
- Assistance in providing training to optimise the deployment of Apple technologies
- Device Enrolment Services
- Discounted pricing for staff and students sales
- Higher Weighting for Basket of Goods
The basket of goods was weighted at 40% for the evaluation of the tender responses. At call-off/further competition stage, customers can adjust the weighting by up to 50% of the original criteria weighting. The basket of goods can be adjusted to represent 60% of the evaluation at call-off stage.
- Alternative Funding Models
All suppliers are able to offer alternative funding models in addition to outright purchase. This provides institutions with options such as leasing and Device As A Service. As the equipment retains strong residual value this may be attractive along with flexible funding profiles to align with available budgets.
Benefits of Using This Agreement:
- Compliant route to legal services for members
- Average savings of 7.53% compared with the previous framework agreement
- Competitive pricing
- All hardware supplied with a minimum 3 year warranty
- Discounted pricing for staff and students
- A variety of Apple Authorised Education Specialists
- Additional value – offering additional benefits to members
- Suppliers evaluated on responsible procurement and social value to ensure that the new agreement meets the requirements of the sustainability, equality and diversity policies and standards of both the consortium and members
- Robust framework management process in place
Further information including contact details, service offering and achieved scores is provided in the Buyers Guide available on HE Contracts.