|8th June 2020|
Crescent Purchasing Consortium (CPC) has recently launched a new framework for Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), Clothing and Uniforms. The contract period runs from 10th May 2020 to 9th May 2022, with two possible one-year extensions up to 9th May 2024. The framework is available to members of NEUPC, CPC, NWUPC, LUPC and SUPC.
This framework agreement covers the supply of PPE, Clothing, Uniforms and First Aid equipment. This framework was set up to allow CPC and participating consortia members to purchase available items in an efficient and value-added method. The framework is split into 5 lots as follows:
- Lot 1: PPE – Headwear, Eyewear and Facewear, Hi-Visibility Clothing, Ear Protection, Safety Footwear and Safety Gloves.
- Lot 2: Clothing – PE Kits, Sports Clothing, Food Industry Clothing, Medical and Laboratory Clothing.
- Lot 3: Uniforms – School Uniforms, Corporate Wear and Uniforms, Hair and Beauty Uniforms and Security Uniforms.
- Lot 4: One Stop Shop – All suppliers awarded on this Lot have been awarded a place on Lot 1, 2 and 3.
- Lot 5: First Aid – First Aid Kits and Supplies, Eye and Burn Care, Health and Safety Gloves, Dressings and Wound Care, Bio Hazard and Hygiene and First aid Equipment.
The Government has advised that there will be a VAT exemption on essential PPE items from the 1st of May to the 31st of July 2020. This means a zero-rate of VAT will apply to sales of personal protective equipment (PPE) for COVID-19, this comes after the removal of import duty from PPE.
Benefits of this Framework Include:
- Collaborative agreement – consolidation of spend
- A Multi Supplier Framework Agreement will ensure that Suppliers remain competitive through the life of the Framework Agreement
- Members have an OJEU compliant route to the market
- Time-saving, members can use the framework rather than completing a full tender process
- Experienced Suppliers
- More suppliers on one-stop-shop than before
- Wide range of suppliers
- Dedicated first aid lot
- Simplified layout
- Customer portal availability
- Personalisation services available
For more information on this agreement, please visit www.hecontracts.co.uk