|7th March 2022||Member Update|
SUPC Annual Impact Report 2020/21
Our 2020/21 Annual Impact Report highlights how members have been making the most of their SUPC memberships to emerge from a challenging few years with a fit-for-the-future approach.
Here are a few highlights from the report for you:
- In 2020/21, members spent £369m through SUPC agreements, achieving £61.9 m in savings – an increase of over 10% on the year before.
- On average, our members achieved an ROI of 1:64 – an 8-point increase over the year before.
- SUPC returned over £700k in earned marketing premiums back to our members – this allowed many of our members to completely cover the cost of their SUPC membership.
- Members had access to 177 SME suppliers through frameworks
- Our recent partnership with EAUC is bringing in-demand expertise in sustainability to our members.
- Members accessed a wide range of value-added benefits such as events, special interest group meetings, commodity group meetings, publications and low-cost training – just under 1500 members attended over 20 events on the latest procurement hot topics.
- Both members and non-members have used services such as the Procurement Maturity Assessment (PMA+) to improve their procurement delivery.
Across the SUMS Group, our members and clients have been shifting focus from crisis management to long-term commerciality and sustainability. We’ve seen excellent examples of universities using the challenges of Covid and upcoming regulatory changes as levers to renew strategic and operational activity – and SUPC is here to support you in responding to calls for greater commercialisation, social and financial value. You can see examples of how ambitious universities inside and outside our membership have worked with SUPC to meet their procurement needs via our case studies from the University of Reading, University of Bath, Rosalind Franklin Institute and the London School of Economics.
We are confident that the work already undertaken in 2021/22 will only build on the value members receive. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.