The Insurance Group enables staff with responsibility for their institution’s insurance to discuss and share information on key insurance issues including, student placement insurance, minibus insurance, staff travel insurance, building valuations and clinical trials as well as wording changes in some policies.
Who chairs the group?
Richard Campbell-Kelly from the University of Warwick is the Chair of the group. SUPC provides administrative support.
Who should join?
The group is available to SUPC member institution insurance group managers and procurement professionals with responsibility for insurance.
- Discuss trends and share operational best practice
- Exchange feedback on supplier and contract performance
- Receive guidance on available collaborative agreements · Discuss supplier, market and product developments
- Have access to email distribution lists for easy discussion with colleagues
The group also runs an annual benchmarking exercise on insurance premiums. The Insurance Group has a vibrant and valuable email discussion forum. Most insurance managers work on their own, and the support and advice that they receive through membership of this group is invaluable.
When do the meetings take place?
These meetings are usually held twice a year.
How to join
Please contact the SUPC admin team at email@example.com to register your interest. All Insurance group members are requested to agree to the terms of reference and to provide any declarations of interest before joining.
Examples of topics covered in previous meetings:
- Legal Expenses
- Business Interruption
- Munitions damage claims
- Property revaluations
- Motor Trade Insurance
- Engineering inspections
- Travel Risk Assessment and Pre-existing Medical Conditions