About our impact
Our SUPC 2021/22 Annual Impact Report highlights how members have been making the most of their SUPC memberships and how the SUPC team has undertaken to support them. SUPC helps universities, colleges and educational charities buy sustainably, responsibly and smarter.
- In 2021/2, members spent £467m through SUPC agreements, achieving £70.9m in savings (including £29.7m in cashable savings).
- SUPC returned over £1.4m in earned framework levies back to our members
- Members had access to 139 SME vetted suppliers through frameworks.
SUPC works hard to deliver exceptional value for its members. In 2021-22 members accessed a wide range of value-added benefits such as events, special interest group meetings, commodity group meetings, publications and tailored insight and analysis from our business intelligence experts.
We understand that inflationary pressures mean price rises can be appropriate to ensure continuity of supply. We have taken a pragmatic and collaborative approach by working closely with our suppliers, having robust conversations and actively challenging price increases as appropriate to drive the best value for our members.
We provide expert advice and facilitate the exchange of knowledge and best practice across our membership. Throughout this year members have continued to benefit from:
- One-to-one conversations with member relations managers
- Advice and information about increased commerciality
- The UKUPC market insight report
- The biennial LUPC-SUPC conference
Data informed insight
Evidence-based decisions are at the heart of strategic procurement activity. At SUPC we invest in business insight and data analysis to provide better information and insight for members about their own choices and from the wider market.