|15th September 2023||Member Update|
The PMA+ programme has been hailed as a game-changer for procurement in the HE sector. Since the inception of the programme, over 100 institutions have taken part and there has been a continuous improvement of sector-wide scores in each category of assessment.
Effective procurement is important now more than ever to help navigate through technological advances, increased environmental concerns and inflationary pressures. Procurement opens the door to innovation, driving sustainable practices and creating and delivering value to an organisation. As we all strive towards ambitious Net Zero targets, it is vital to harness the power of efficient, responsible procurement to ensure that we are fit for the future. SUPC’s PMA+ reviews where your university is now, and helps you to progress to where you want to be.
What is a PMA+?
A Procurement Maturity Assessment is an independent detailed assessment of your procurement activity. It provides you with a bespoke action plan for improvement, a baseline to measure improvements, and benchmark scores against similar organisations.
What will a PMA+ help you do?
- Elevate the importance of procurement efficiency and effectiveness to your senior executive team.
- Make use of valuable reporting insights to show improvement over time, your position in the sector, and a clear improvement pathway.
- Drive qualitative input and engage with senior stakeholders including Finance Directors and decision-makers behind major purchases in Estates, ICT, HR and all key areas of spend.
- Provide your Audit Committee with the assurance that your institution is meeting sector benchmarks and performing both effectively and efficiently.
- Demonstrate to the Office for Students that procurement best practice is delivering value to your institution and its beneficiaries including improving the focus on ethical and responsible procurement.
- Save time with a streamlined question set and Office 365 evidence submission platform that improves the process without compromising rigour.
What’s new to the PMA+?
- Greater focus on Responsible Procurement and sustainability, allowing procurement to be an integral part of your university’s sustainability plans, and prioritising responsible procurement as part of your longer-term goals.
- Engage with your senior university stakeholders using the PMA+ to facilitate closer working relationships and aligned priorities across the wider organisation.
- Encouraging procurement to play a full commercial leadership role across your university and the wider sector, with improved PMA+ reporting to demonstrate your impact and support delivery of the corporate and procurement strategy.
- Streamlined and remote delivery processes, making it quicker and easier to gather evidence that supports the PMA+ scoring.