|18th March 2021|
Framework Launch Presentation:
NEUPC has created an interactive presentation for the recent launch of the Removal and Relocations Framework. This presentation is ideal for procurement teams to share with colleagues in other areas, to help them understand how calling off from the framework works, and the savings that can be made. Created with Prezi, you are able to listen to the full recording by simply clicking the forward arrows at the bottom of the screen, or for a more interactive experience, click onto the section of the presentation that you are most interested in.
SUPC Members can now access the re-tendered Removals and Relocations Services Framework. The agreement covers a wider range of commercial removals and relocations, including specialist moving services. The Framework went live on 22nd February and will run for four years to February 2025. In contrast to the previous framework where the lots were defined by specialism, in this new iteration the lotting has been grouped by contract size and region to attract a more varied range of suppliers.
- Lot 1: Small Contracts (Regional)– 13 regions across England, Wales and Northern Ireland
- Lot 2: Large Contracts (National)
Members are free to determine which lot (and geographical region) is best suited to their project with “small” and “large” being member defined. In Lot 1, members have the unreserved right to call-off from the region that best suits them geographically, noting that some members may choose to issue call offs to multiple regions at once. We also took into consideration the need to move quickly on some projects, so Lot 1 also includes a schedule of rates, enabling members to appoint on a cost-only basis for time-pressured projects, and the suppliers are primed to support this.
The framework scope was shaped with input from the British Association of Removers, and most suppliers appointed hold BAR accreditation. Ian Studd, Director General at BAR says, “We at the BAR recognise the importance of providing value to the end-user, and a properly crafted framework such as this incorporating such well-regarded brands, all of whom are leaders in their respective field of operations, has significant commercial benefit to NEUPC Members”. With strong market coverage in the supply base, members will be able to make direct contact with leaders in the various specialist areas, which are not available on alternative frameworks.
Further benefits to using the agreement include:
- Good blend of smaller and larger companies on the framework.
- Coverage of a range of removals requirements to cover all of our members’ needs.
- Strong KPIs included in the contract to ensure supplier performance is maintained.
- MI reporting at consortia level will be direct and so within control, improving savings reports for members.
- Direct control of contract management and reviews at consortia level.
- Potentially strong cash savings as reported in the Buyers Guide.
- All suppliers have been tested on their sustainability credentials and will continue to do so linked to reviews.
- Marketing Premium (1.5% of spend on the framework) retrieved will be reinvested into member services.
- Provision to manage sustainable impacts via the Net Positives supplier action tool.
- Sustainable pricing model based on day rates for labour and vehicles.
- Flexible call-off methods for members to utilise.
Suppliers to the framework include some new companies who were not on the previous framework, with all appointed suppliers providing excellent bids. Suppliers appointed to the agreement are as follows:
- Crown Workspace Ltd
- Harrow Green
- Johnsons Moving Services
- Right Green Recycle
- Specialised Movers Ltd
*Suppliers for both lots are listed in alphabetical order, ranking information is available to members in the buyers guide.
Full agreement details including how to use the agreement are available on the HE Contracts Database.
If you have any queries regarding this Framework Agreement please contact Taron Smith.